Your next and best move? Consider a career at RSSM.
Making the right decision about your career does not have to be a difficult one. Your first easy step is to talk to us here at RSSM! You will learn that we are a dynamic CPA firm that offers growth opportunities, great benefits, a business casual environment and a great city to boot! If this is everything you are looking for in your career then look no further…RSSM is for you!
RSSM offers an attractive, competitive compensation and benefits package to full-time employees. Our benefits package includes:
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan – 401(k) Match
- Flexible Benefit Plan
- Personal Time Off (Combined Vacation, Sick & Personal Days)
- Paid Holidays
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Family & Medical Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance
- Overtime/Incentive Bonus Policy
Additional benefits enjoyed at RSSM:
- Work/Life Balance Environment
- Business Casual Dress Year Round
- Comprehensive Training, Continuing Education and Professional Development
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Lead Generation/Business Development Incentive Programs
- Paid Membership in the AICPA and One State Society
- Allowable Paid Time Off to take the CPA Exam
- Discount for the Becker CPA Review Course
- Summer Hours Schedule
- Firm-Wide Gatherings
- Holiday Party
- End-of-Tax Season Celebration
- Monthly Celebrations- Birthdays and Anniversaries
Achieving status as a Certified Public Accountant is one of the primary initial obligations of professional associates. We want you to earn your CPA designation as soon as possible after being employed. To assist you, our policy allows you time off with compensation to take the CPA examination.
Our professionals are reviewed after participating on engagements of 40 hours or more, and of course on an annual basis as well. Career advancement depends on the individual, with these factors taken into consideration:
- Ability to Meet Deadlines – Our profession is deadline driven especially during tax season.
- Business Knowledge – The initiative and ability to learn about our clients’ businesses so that we can assist them in becoming more profitable.
- Communication Skills – We look to promote professionals with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated Leadership – We need strong leaders to take the firm into the future.
- Personal Effectiveness – It is important to achieve not only professional goals, but personal ambitions as well.
- Professionalism – Maintaining a professional demeanor is imperative, especially when faced with deadlines and/or a tough assignment.
- Profitability of Assignments – Getting the job done effectively and efficiently helps us to retain and bring in new clients.
- Technical Knowledge – This is the core of doing an excellent job for our clients.
The partners are available to assist you in your advancement. Our Director of Personnel is available should you have any questions, suggestions or comments on your workload, scheduling of assignments, CPE training or life generally at the firm. Our Director of Marketing develops programs to increase the firm’s visibility in the marketplace and works with individuals to develop skills which help associates acquire new business and retain current clients.